Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Location Network and how does it work?
2. What is a Custom Lightbox and how does it work?
3. Do you have locations outside of Los Angeles?
4. Does Location Network represent any locations?
5. Why do I need Location Network?
6. How much does a Category cost?
7. How can I pay for a Category?
8. Can I hire a location scout or manager?
9. Why does my Commercial Production Company need Location Network Media?
10. What can Location Network Media do for my Regional Location Agency?
11. How soon can my Production Company or Regional Location Agency get Location Network Media?
12. What browser is Location Network and Location Network Media compatible with?
13. What is Syndication?
1. What is Location Network and how does it work?Location Network is a web-based location scouting service for the entertainment industry with over 900,000 images. Clients needing a location order a Category that is created by our in-house Location Consultants. The locations are viewed via our secure Location Network website on a Lightbox.
2. What is a Custom Lightbox and how does it work?A Custom Lightbox is created based on the location parameters and needs given to one of our Location Consultants. The Lightbox, accessed by a user name and password, offers a format in which a client can view, organize and print images. In addition, they receive access to contact information as well as maps. Please refer to "About Us" and select "Introduction" to learn more.
3. Do you have locations outside of Los Angeles?Currently, the Location Network database primarily serves Southern California with select locations for Northern California.
4. Does Location Network represent any locations?No, we do not. Any location you receive from us, you get the direct contact information and deal directly with the property owner or representative.
5. Why do I need Location Network?Location network is fast, easy, powerful and affordable. Whether you are doing a bid, have time or budget constraints, lost a location at the last minute, or need to get a jumpstart on your location scouting, Location Network delivers.
6. How much does a Category cost?A custom Lightbox filled with up to 20 locations is $300.00
A single location is $50.00.
All contact and permit information is included.
7. How can I pay for a Category?Location Network accepts all major credit cards or you can also provide us with a Purchase Order.
8. Can I hire a location scout or manager?A location scout or manager can be hired by calling our sister company, La Classe Locations, @ 323.660.9100. All locations scouted through La Classe are available for viewing on a Location Network Lightbox at no additional charge.
9. Why does my Commercial Production Company need Location Network Media?Production is under increasing pressure to reduce costs and pre-production time while at the same time increasing production value. A media management system allows you to create a data base of locations that are available to your company 24/7 for jobs, bids and reference. With a state of the art upload tool, location scouts can stock your location library keeping all of your location images secured and organized. Location Network Media provides Production a cost-effective solution to Find It, Show It and Keep It.
10. What can Location Network Media do for my Regional Location Agency?Location Network Media is an essential element in attracting and securing potential filmmakers or in becoming a regional location mecca, i.e. Location Network - Miami. The same application that makes it easy to upload, manage, distribute and store your location images is available on two platforms. The first provides a revenue stream via e-commerce where the second one does not.
As part of "The Location Network," not only do you receive exposure to your market through Location Network - Los Angeles, but also regions outside your area looking for locations to film. Please refer to "About Us" and select "Introduction" to learn more.
11. How soon can my Production Company or Regional Location Agency get Location Network Media?Fast. One of the advantages of Location Network's application is that we can have you up and building and using your data base quickly. Paperwork, site customization, payment and delivery. Fast.
12. What browser is Location Network and Location Network Media compatible with?Location Network is compatible with any popular Internet browser. However we recommend the following:
Windows: Internet Explorer 6 (or higher) or Firefox 1.5 (or higher)